Changelog / History / Updates
Maian Weblog release history is shown below. If a new version is in progress, information will be shown below, beneath the changelog:
[+] Added [*] Updated [-] Bug Fix
Version 5.2 (14/03/2018):
[*] Min PHP version to run software increased to 5.5. PHP5.5 or higher required.
[*] Pagination HTML code moved to template folders
[*] Update chartist jQuery plugin (0.11.0)
[*] Updated PHPMailer mail transportation class (6.0.3)
[*] Updated mobile detection PHP class (2.8.31)
[*] Updated off canvas menu for better performance on small devices
[*] jQuery library updated to 3.3.1
Version 5.1 (07/06/2017):
[+] Added option to deactivate mysql fulltext search system (control/userdef.php)
[+] Added support for PHP7.1
[*] PHPMailer class updated to latest stable release (5.2.23)
[-] Fixed issue where current date wasn`t always highlighted in calendar for days spanning 1 to 9
Version 5.0 (13/03/2017):
[+] Added caching system to help prevent database load
[+] Added entry log for login time/date/ip
[+] Added journal/blog categories. Categories can be password protected for private journals/blogs.
[+] Added option for staff to receive notification if other staff members post journal/blog entries
[+] Added option to allow staff to only view journals/blogs they have created
[+] Added options to export staff and journal/blog entries to CSV
[+] Added staff login system so other people can post journals / blogs
[+] Added support for PHP7
[+] Added support for Twitter, Google+ and Facebook structured meta tags
[+] Added support for addThis API for social sharing
[+] Added support for twitter API. Post journal entry and tweet at the same time.
[+] Added theme switch for date ranges. For example, show a different theme at Christmas etc
[+] Brand new API. Create a journal/blog post from any application.
[+] Brand new HTML5 responsive layout via Bootstrap
[+] Categories can be set to auto delete, useful for quick promos
[+] Journal/blog entries can now be private and require user/pass
[+] Journals/blogs can be set to auto delete, useful for quick promo posts
[+] Journals/blogs can have future publish dates set
[*] Added custom pages and menu boxes for layout control
[*] Internal comments system removed in favour of Disqus comments system
[*] Updated SMTP mail settings to support TLS & SSL. Also added from/reply-to headers.
[*] Removed Spaw WYSIWYG editor in favour of basic BB code buttons
[*] Removed preset themes.
[*] Removed profile image upload
Version 4.0 (22/04/2007):
[+] Added RSS feeds
[+] Added SMTP options
[+] Added archiving system
[+] Added auto parsing of links option for comments
[+] Added contact option
[+] Added option for search engine friendly urls
[+] Added option to add adsense/snap code
[+] Added option to add favourite websites
[+] Added option to embed YouTube videos in blogs via WYSIWYG
[+] Added option to upload and manage images & flash files via WYSIWYG
[+] Added optional Spaw WYSIWYG HTML editor to admin area for adding blogs
[+] Added optional captcha code for forms
[+] Added printer friendly version of blogs/comments
[+] Added profile & profile image options
[+] Added search engines
[+] Added support for 16 bookmark sites including Digg & Del.icio.us
[+] Added time offset feature
[*] Free licence changed to the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Licence
[*] New XHTML/CSS theme based layout
[*] Removed BB Code
[*] Removed calendar
Version 3.1 (02/07/2006):
[*] New interface
[*] Updated documentation
[-] Fixed some minor coding errors
Version 3.0 (29/03/2005):
[+] Added DOCTYPE to comply with W3C coding standards
[+] Added E-Mail templates
[+] Added savant template engine
[+] Added visitor comments
[*] Brand new system
[*] Removed Emoticons
[*] Removed Mailing List
[*] Removed News Ticker
[*] Removed error suppression
[*] Updated Calendar
[*] Updated code to fix undefined variable errors
[-] Fixed security vulnerability on main page
Version 2.0 (05/09/2004):
[+] Added ability to upload emoticons
[+] Added snapshot system and BB Codes for easy editing
[*] New code
[*] New interface
[*] Removed CSS themes
[*] Search engine updated to multi keyword
Version 1.2 (11/10/2003):
[+] New interface with template based system.
[+] News ticker and calendar added.
[+] Removed sleep function
Version 1.1 (04/05/2003):
[+] Added language file and sleep() function to mailing list
Version 1.0 (28/04/2003):
[+] Version 1.0 Released
Latest Version - v5.3 - Coming Soon
The next release is being prepared. Here`s what new:
New in v5.3
- Added option to add custom admin pages. Useful for backend information in a secure area for yourself or clients
- In admin CP you can now re-order the main off canvas menu. Options you don't need can also be hidden.
- Removed BBCode, added WYSIWYG editor. Support for BB formatting for legacy versions.
- Added year switcher for admin dashboard graph to see stats for selected years
- Added journal, category and layout pages meta keywords and description. Requested.
- Added support for sub categories
- Added category list and name of person who posted journal to journals list screen in admin CP
- Added search by category option to journals list screen in the admin CP
- Added search by staff option to journals list screen in the admin CP
- Added support for Commento (commento.io) comments system.
- Added support for Facebook Comments (facebook.com) comments system.
- Added support for Hyvor Talk (talk.hyvor.com) comments system.
- Added support for IntenseDebate (intensedebate.com) comments system.
- Added optional "View Full Journal" text limiter for journal list screens journal entries.
- Frontend update: Blog/journal staff poster is now clickable to show other posts by the same staff member
- Added option to set default journal post name if no additional staff are added
- Added option to specify whether post display name for staff is username or actual name
- Added option to set layout pages and boxes to auto delete. Useful for promotions.
- Added staff filter to journal Tools > Export screen in admin CP
- The weblog API also now returns an error string if an error response is sent back
- Added basic captcha option for private logins to add protection from bots
- Added http/https protocol option for base path and social links to prevent mod_security issues
- Added optional draft auto save for journal posts, layout pages and boxes. Retains form data on browser close/crash.
- Added optional view count for journals. Useful to see how many times a journal page has loaded.
- Added draft preview option for journal, layout boxes and pages
- Added support for Facebook open graph app ID
Updated or Removed
- Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (6.2.0)
- Added support for PHP mail function
- Documentation updated. 404 links removed or updated and typos fixed.
- Improvements to error and exception handling
- Removed Google+ meta tags due to closure of social network
- Added official support for PHP7.4*
- Password storage updated to use PHP`s password bcrypt API. All passwords must be reset.
- Updated upgrade routines to auto switch system off during upgrade.
- Updated off canvas archive to group by years instead of months.
- Updated Bootstrap library (3.4.1)
- Improvements to addThis social plugin integration. Plugin code may need updating, see docs.
- Update trumbowyg jquery plugin (2.21.0)
- Import and export routines now use the system temporary folder. This is auto cleared by the garbage collector and is used for better performance.
- Security enhancement. Backup folder path must explicitly be set in admin CP now for security.
- Updated Codebird Twitter library (4.0)
- Added official support for PHP8.0*
- Fixed BB code bug if tags were nested (legacy versions).
- Fixed issue where settings meta description & keywords were reversed and shown in the wrong meta values
- Fixed issue with cache not working if enabled
Last updated: 23 January 2021
Release Date: Coming Soon
Please do not contact me about the release date, thank you.
If you would like to be notified when Maian Weblog is updated, please subscribe to the RSS feed. Thank you.
Why Not Give The Free Version of Maian Weblog a Try Today?
Click the button to be taken to the download page.